Home / FAQs


First Steps:

1. How much are the tuition fees?

The current tuition fee is 1250€ (as of 2018). For more information click here.

2. Which linguistic competences must I possess?

Candidates must have advanced language competences to develop theoretical and technical competences on specific areas, such as translation, subtitling and tourism. A C1 level is required on at least two work languages.

3. I obtained my Bachelor degree outside Portugal. Should I request equivalence? 

It will not be necessary to ask for equivalence. The same application procedure applies to national and foreign applicants.

4. If I have not completed a curricular unit of my Bachelor degree, can I still enroll on this master’s?

To enroll on the Master in Translation and Multilingual Communication, the applicant should have completed the Bachelor degree. If there is any curricular unit to complete, the applicant should try to obtain evaluation on the examination period or special examination period in September. If the applicant still wishes to apply to the master’s, he/she should deliver the diploma, until the establish deadline. If no evaluation for the curricular unit is obtained, the application is automatically voided. However, the student may frequent some curricular units of this master’s, provided he/she enrolls in extracurricular regimen.

5. I was admitted to the master’s, but I will not be able to attend. The enrollment can be for the next year?

No, it cannot. The enrollment is only valid for the respective academic year. However, in the case the master’s has been started and any curricular unit has been completed, the student can “freeze” the enrollment and continue to attend on the next year. Although, it is recommended that the termination of the enrollment is made official (in the case the student knows he/she will not be able to attend the master’s), otherwise, the payment of tuition will be mandatory.

During the master’s

6. The degree is on daytime or after working hours regimen?

The master’s has a mix regimen, which can change each year. On the academic year 2019/2019, classes have been on the end of the afternoon, although, it is possible to change the schedule, if this is discussed between staff and students.

7. What is the teaching method (presencial classes, b-learning, etc.)?

Most classes are presencial, but it is possible that some curricular units are in b-learning when the class schedule is not favorable to the staff or students, or by choice of the staff.

8. How can I know the content to be taught on each curricular unit?

Content will be made available by the staff on the beginning of the semester, usually through Blackboard. or other online platforms. Content is usually defined by the staff and can, as can the staff, change yearly.

9. Which is the evaluation methodology?

The evaluation methodology differs according the curricular unit. All have a continuous evaluation regimen, which can include tests, small papers, oral presentation and final projects/reports.

10. Is there a special examination period on this master’s as in the bachelor’s degrees?

Usually, this master’s does not have a special examination period. Approval at curricular units depends on continuous evaluation and developed projets. If a student does not complete a curricular unit, he/she should speak with the staff of said curricular unit to establish an alternative evaluation methodology, if possible. For more information, you can find the Academic Regulation here.

Internship or dissertation?

11. Is it possible to choose between an internship and a mater’s dissertation for final evaluation?

The student can choose one of these options. On the first year of the master’s, the student can consider the best option for its future, and on the second year of the master’s, to choose the best-adapted option for himself/herself.

12. What is the duration of the internship?

The duration of the internship can fluctuate, but a minimum duration of 4 months is mandatory.

13. Can internships be done abroad?

Yes, if an agreement can be reached with an international company. This subject should be handled beforehand to ensure the internship and handle all procedures before the departure.

Sometimes, it is possible to obtain an Erasmus grant.

Other subjects

If you do not find an answer to your question, please contact us.